My friend Terry gave me this amazing fabric for my birthday and so I made this amazing jacket from it. I realized that I had some antique velvet that was an exact color match but not in good enough shape to be a functional part of the garment.
The answer .... covered buttons . They are perfect. This is an unlined McCall's pattern (M5276).
It has a nice A line and a sweet pleat in the back
that I toped with one of those perfect buttons.
I plan to accent the hem with more aqua possibly beads or couched cord, only time will tell
Today I am off to quilt day and I will be sporting this little honey, while I take lots of pix for tomorrows B-day blog.