So I have been working on Miss Mary's birthday quilt since I finished Miss Margo's birthday quilt. I've had the embroideries done and was waiting for the right fabric to make itself known.
Sat I went to a yard sale held by one of our fabric reps. She sold her samples by the pound (a lovely idea to be sure). I purchased 16lbs, more than enough to fill the couch.
In all of this treasure was a group that answered the call of MaeMae's quilt. Here is the pieced top. I hope to have time to quilt it soon. I will be backing it in purple wedding satin (because my girl knows what she likes and she likes wedding satin!). I'm not sure what challenges the satin will present in the quilting process, but there is only one way to find out.